Friary Car Park 2019/20 Permit Applications
Car Park Permits from 01 November 2019 to 31 December 2020 – applications now closed.
For background information, the Parish Finance Committee set up a Sub-Committee to review the Friary Car Park strategy, including:
- Minimum donation for the 2019/20 Car Park Permit Applications;
- Permit Period.
After consultation, the Parish Finance Committee approved the Sub-Committees recommendations to:
- Change the permit period to match the Calendar year, and Diocese Accounting year;
- To facilitate this change, the Car Park Permits for 2019/2020 would be offered for a one-off 14-month period running from, 1 November 2019, to 31 December 2020;
- To increase the suggested minimum donation for Car Park Permit Applications from £40 to £60.
In making its decision to increase the minimum suggested donation for the 2019/20 Car Park Permits, the Parish Finance Committee noted:
- The Friary Car Parking facilities are for Parishioners of the Parish;
- The Parish continues to heavily subsidise the Permits when considering;
- The donations recommended by neighbouring Parishes for their Car Parking facilities;
- The valuation guide ‘per space’ received from a Valuation Agent;
- The cost of Car Parking in the immediate vicinity of the Friary.
In conclusion, the Parish Finance Committee deemed that the increase in minimum suggested donation from £40 per annum to £60 for the 14-month period continued to represent exceptional value for money for Parishioners at effectively £1 per week in real terms.
Parishioners are reminded that the Friary Car Parking facilities will continue to remain available and free for Parishioners attending mass and other church services. Permit applications are voluntary for the use of the car parking facilities outside these times – other car parking facilities are available within the vicinity of the Friary should Parishioners chose not to apply for a permit.