Christ the Lord (Ecumenical & Shared), Broadfield
St Francis & St Anthony, Town Centre
The Friary Church of St Francis and St Anthony is a Roman Catholic church in Crawley West Sussex. The towns first permanent place of Roman Catholic Worship was founded in 1861 next to a friary whose members, from the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin had been invited to the area by a local wealthy family of catholic converts. Crawleys transformation from a modest market town to a rapidly growing postwar new town in the mid- 20th century made a larger church necessary and in the late 1950s the ecclesiastical architect Harry Stuart Goodheart-Rendel was comissioned to build a new church. The friary closed in 1980 and has been demolished, however, the large brick church known as The Friary Church of St Francis and St Anthony still stands. English herritage has listed the building as grade 2 for its architectural and historical importance.
St Edward the Confessor, Pound Hill
Crawley was designated a New Town in 1947 but growth was slow at first. By 1963 the population had risen to 60,000. Pound Hill was one of the originally designated 10 neighbourhoods. St Edward the Confessor was built in 1965 on land given by the Crawley Development Corporation. Reinforced concrete.
St Theodore of Canterbury, Gossops Green
A simple cruck-built church with brick cladding, of nave and sanctuary, with battered buttresses rising the full height of the nave walls. Thin clerestory band between the buttresses. Carving of St Theodore on the east wall
Our Lady, Queen of Heaven, Langley Green